Help to Identify Hallmark Sterling Moon Face Brooch/Pendant

Navajo, Zuni & Hopi
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Waffles

Help to Identify Hallmark Sterling Moon Face Brooch/Pendant

Post by Waffles »

Good afternoon,

I am hoping someone out there can help me identify this Hallmark? See the photo's. If you can't see it clearly, it appears to be a Tepee with a Sun or Circle attached to the Top of that and then a half circle (facing upwards like a bowl) on top of the that. All of the shapes are attached to each other.
Tepee Sun Half Circle , but the half circle, which is at the top of the formation faces up like a bowl. I thought maybe it was a Tepee, Sun and Moon, but I was unable to locate anything with that. Also, the Brooch is marked 925 and on one of the rays of the moon, there is a 'c' inside of a circle, which to me, I thought, meant that this would be a hallmark/trademark?

Please help!

Waffles

Re: Help to Identify Hallmark Sterling Moon Face Brooch/Pend

Post by Waffles »

Also, I forgot to point out that just above the half circle (bowl thing), you can see a dot. That dot actually belongs to a secondary .925 stamp that appears to have been the original placement of the .925 stamp, but then they stamped it again in another direction, which is the .925 that you can see very clearly.
I just wanted to point out that that dot does not belong to the pictorial hallmark, rather it belong to what I think was the first .925 stamp before they stamped it a second time, in a different location.

Return to “Native American Silver”