Native American? Broken/Squiggly Arrow with S for the shaft.

Navajo, Zuni & Hopi
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
chrismittty

Native American? Broken/Squiggly Arrow with S for the shaft.

Post by chrismittty »

Short story, long....I bought a bag of "unmarked" Silver toned earrings from a shop because one pair had a lofty price tag stuck to them still (cheap reallly but Lofty for silver cutouts) they were still really cheap....Well I get to looking at them and see some are signed, and some have a little mark, that looks like an arrow head, and S, then the tailfeathers of the arrow at the end. Basically a "curved, squiggly arrow" if you will. I thought I HAD seen this symbol somewhere before, But I can seem to find it, or properly describe it :( OR figure out what the heck the round thing with the hole in the center is for haha...Oh and a Happy Thanksgiving to alll those on here who celebrate it!

Here are some pics of the items:
Tested Silver but I am not sure what this is??? I was told it was a pendant??? Let me know, because it looks like someone had a fun day snipping and shaping sheet silver haha.

Earrings, Pretty large, Same mark. Also tested Silver.

Really nice, bout 19-20 grams of silver

(admin edit - only one item per topic - please start a new thread with your other item - see Posting Requirements )
mtraner

Re: Native American? Broken/Squiggly Arrow with S for the sh

Post by mtraner »

Hello! Your earrings are made by Lorenzo Smith (or Smith Lorenzo?), a Navajo jeweler.

http://www.art-amerindien.com/signature ... s_mz.htm#s

Best of luck!
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

mtraner wrote:Hello! Your earrings are made by Lorenzo Smith (or Smith Lorenzo?), a Navajo jeweler.

http://www.art-amerindien.com/signature ... s_mz.htm#s

Best of luck!

Awe great work! Thank you so much mtraner! I wish I had known about this site, I feel like you just handed me over a gold mine, wow !amazing resource too. Maybeee Justtt maybeee I will get lucky and the "R LTD RIPPLE" WILL be in the "R" section of the gold mine :)
Thanks so much .925-1000, and all of the helpful members that have made my stay so informative and enjoyable.
ValkyrieVixen
contributor

Post by ValkyrieVixen »

Be careful with that site, it has lot of errors. It's great for a starting point but I always do extra research to be sure it's correct.
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

ValkyrieVixen wrote:Be careful with that site, it has lot of errors. It's great for a starting point but I always do extra research to be sure it's correct.
Anddd..Thanks for the heads up Vixen! I wish I was better at this like I said, I value online hallmark resources very much. I have a boat load that needs ID.
mtraner

Post by mtraner »

Thanks for the info Val, I always do extra research as well, but have yet come across a discrepancy, but I've probably just been lucky!

Return to “Native American Silver”