Leaf Hallmark Necklace Earring Coral Opal Turquoise?

Navajo, Zuni & Hopi
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
billbruce

Leaf Hallmark Necklace Earring Coral Opal Turquoise?

Post by billbruce »

Hi,
I need assistance in identifying the artist associated with a leaf ( or possibly feather ) hallmark on the pictured necklace, pendant, earring set. It is sterling, red coral, opal, and turquoise. The pendant and both earrings are marked identically. It was purchased at a native American arts shop in Maine in the late 80s / early 90s I believe. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
Regards,
Bill
leyold1

Re: Leaf Hallmark Necklace Earring Coral Opal Turquoise?

Post by leyold1 »

Have you had any luck with the hallmark? My wife just bought an inlay spiny oyster pendant and earring set at a flee market with the same hallmark. I will let you know if I find anything.
leyold1

Re: Leaf Hallmark Necklace Earring Coral Opal Turquoise?

Post by leyold1 »

It looks like this feather hallmark is related to Chris Tom. It is attributed to him by several sources. The only problem with that is the Cliff Tom they are referring too has been in the business for 20 years and is currently hallmarking his items "CHRIS TOM". There is a significant chance your necklace is made by Chris Tom or his father (who was also a jeweler who taught Chris).

If you look at Chris Tom's works, they are mostly inlay work, both cobblestone style with and Zuni channel smooth style with silver separators. There is a chance there are two Chris Tom artists, Zuni and Navajo, but I think there is only one and he does both styles.

Return to “Native American Silver”