Egyptian Silver Cup

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
theraven

Egyptian Silver Cup

Post by theraven »

I purchase this cup because it looked old and rough...not a classic finished product. Now I want to know more....is it a tourist piece? Can't be that old if it has .925 on bottom? Is it Egyptian? Thanks for any and all opinions of this 6" tall cup.
Rox

davidross
contributor

Re: Egyptian Silver Cup

Post by davidross »

I believe the cup is from South America, probably Peru, and dating to the second half of the 20th century.

If the admin would please move this post to the Central and South America section, someone more knowledgeable in that area may be able to give a more detailed answer.

Regards,

DR
theraven

Post by theraven »

Thank you for your reply. Isn't the mark above the 925 an Arabic symbol? That's what gave me the thought it was of middle eastern origin.
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

Hi ~ welcome to the forums. As already suggested, your piece would be Peruvian, the design based on pre-Columbian Moche head vessels. They were a fairly popular mid 20th century souvenir...

~Cheryl
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

My eyesight is too poor to make out your mark clearly, but it looks like it might include the outline of Peru.

~Cheryl
theraven

Post by theraven »

Thanks for the quick responses!! Now that I look at it it does appear that or a warrior chief and not that of an Egyptian king.
Best Regards,
Rox

Return to “Central & South America”