Help with mark - I Cook

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
samtron76df

Help with mark - I Cook

Post by samtron76df »

This mark is on a serving spoon and is very unique but I have not been able to find him... I Cook is what I think it says... Any info appreciated...

samtron76df

Re: Help with mark - I Cook

Post by samtron76df »

would anyone have an idea of what country this might be from based on it's style? with such a clear and bold mark it seems unusual that this would not be mentioned anywhere... tks
samtron76df

Post by samtron76df »

also ... would the fact that the mark is placed up near the end of the handle mean anything?? -- more likely point to a certain country vs. rule others out?
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Maybe it's just me, but there is something about the flair and style of that punch-maker and the placing of the double-struck marks that perhaps links this maker to the one in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=51923&p=174954&hilit=wake#p174954

If we can identify an area where two smiths with these names worked, then we may have the answer.

Trev.
samtron76df

Post by samtron76df »

Hmmm. Definitely might be something there and I can see what you mean about the similarities. Thank you.
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

However remote, I'd leave open the possibility of it reading "E.E. Cook". Of course the "I" may have just been struck across to clarify it or designate the use as a "J".

Return to “Coin Silversmiths ~ American pre-1860”