Possible Provincial?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
ulysses99

Possible Provincial?

Post by ulysses99 »

Hi,
Am keen to find the maker of this mustard spoon. By the shape of the terminal I am guessing it to be Scottish. I have tried Jackson's and online and can find nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
Image[/img]
SilverSurfer
contributor

Post by SilverSurfer »

Oh, great, yet another TT!

So now we have TT, a T<pellet>T, and a T<period>T<period>. See following link:

http://925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't offer a solution, but I could suspect that your spoon might be American, given the jagged edge on the shield of the maker's mark to the right, no other punch marks, and the lack of an embossed drop. However, my Ensko IV yields no match for your maker's mark. Hopefully more knowledgeable minds might come to the rescue! Good luck in your search.

SS
ulysses99

Post by ulysses99 »

Yes, I was aware of the other TT and the inability to shed any light upon it's origins. Am hopeful however that somebody out there may be able to identify this one. Thanks for the possible lead.
Ulysses
paulh
contributor

Post by paulh »

I must agree that it does look American. It is very similar to some American spoons that I have.

However, searches through all my American references have proved fruitless.

Paul.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

A couple of possibilities from Wev's site:

Thomas Proctor Trott
Theodore Briggs Talbot

See: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... versmiths/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trev.
ulysses99

Post by ulysses99 »

Thanks for the possible leads. I think not however as Talbot is listed as a Jeweller and Trott worked with his father, there mark being an "& sons" mark.
Thanks for the suggestions as all leads will be looked into as best I can manage. I even checked out Silas Tracey Toncray from the silversmith list, in case the beginning of the mark was rubbed.
Thanks all for the help.
John
WesternPA
contributor

Re: Possible Provincial?

Post by WesternPA »

This mark is attributed to Thomas Trotter, silversmith and watchmaker of Charlotte, N.C., on page 175 of "Silversmiths of North Carolina" (1984 edition).

Return to “Coin Silversmiths ~ American pre-1860”