Post by madej »

Hallo. Its fake hallmark?

(Admin photo edit)
AG2012
contributor

Re: Gold hallmark FABERGE

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
The image of the whole piece would be helpful but what`s seen in this picture CANNOT be real Faberge quality.
Regards
madej

Post by madej »

Thanks. I just got this picture from a friend but looking at the object fragment the item is am I think it is hugely made and it may not be a Faberge product.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

It`s a mystery. Why would one cut off gold so rudely over the marks ? The upper mark was supposed to be ``72`` (18 K) Kokoshnik.
Genuine gold Kokoshnik has different contours (except for scetches of the mark, but that`s not valid reference).Sometimes people act beyond understanding, like removing gold monograms from silver cigarette cases, cut off gold imperial eagles from military orders for insignificant scrap value.
All said, it would be interesting to have the image of the whole object, but so far and what`s seen here - it`s NOT Faberge.
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi madej -
here some "original" Russian gold marks. 72 Zolotniki (not Kokoshnik..) is not often seen, as well as yellow gold. The Russians prefered redgold.
I show a matchsafe in yellow gold/European style made for the English community/customers in St. Petersburg.
56 Zolotniki (583.33/1000) were usual in Russia.

Regards
Goldstein
madej

Post by madej »

Thank you all.

Return to “Gold - Single Image”