Jewelers flank the entrance to Buchanan Street in this view taken around 1912 from the entry to St. Enoch Square. On the left, Samuel Hope occupies the ground floor corner of the Stewart & MacDonald building and on the right two jewelers, Robert Scott and Robert Stewart, have premises in the former mansion. Robert Stewart held the distinction of having been appointed Goldsmith, Silversmith and Jeweler to Queen Victoria. These jewelers would set the tone for the upscale nature of much of the business conducted in Buchanan Street.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests