Marking on Egyptian Ring

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
sandyreeves

Marking on Egyptian Ring

Post by sandyreeves »

Hello:
I have this Egyptian Scarab ring and these are the markings on it.. Can anyone help identify? I know the middle part is the Ibis bird.. but can't make out the karat...
I took it to several jewelers and all told me different things... one said it was at least 18k.. one said it was 14-18k and one said it was higher than 22...

can anyone assist?

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad23 ... c899d9.jpg

(admin photo edit - images too large - link only - see Posting Requirements )
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Marking on Egyptian Ring

Post by dognose »

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to the Forum.

Hopefully someone better versed in Egyptian gold marks will be able to offer a better opinion than me, but the mark does appear to be that for Egyptian gold, and the date, as well as I can determine, is 1979. I only have to hand the mark for 22ct gold and that does not match your example:

It does appear to have the same snake device as on your left hand mark, so that is the particular mark to concentrate on. If you can provide a clearer image of the mark, then perhaps one of our Arabic readers can translate it.

Trev.
sandyreeves

Re: Marking on Egyptian Ring

Post by sandyreeves »

Thank you for getting back to me! I am trying to get a better picture. I am old school and just have a digital camera and a illuminated loupe. Thank you for your reply.

Return to “Gold - Single Image”