WW1 trench watch maybe

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Ricardo

WW1 trench watch maybe

Post by Ricardo »

Hi all i hope someone out there can help. I think i have a ww1 trench watch passed from a family member to me but trying to find some back ground on it. Ive tried searching for the marks but drawn a blank. See picture it has a FD in a stamped circle then in the small circle in the left it is a f on top of a f sideways on. Then the circle on the right looks like an italic letter, bellow that 925 telling me the case is sliver then i presume a serial number and bellow that a j or a fish hook. Any help greatfully received if you click on the link it gives a better view.

https://i.postimg.cc/cLS6BKLg/IMG-20190 ... 17-HDR.jpg

dognose
Site Admin

Re: WW1 trench watch maybe

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Always embed your images:

Trev.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Double ``F`` on the left is post 1904 import mark of Glasgow assay office.
Sponsor`s mark (importer) on top is difficult to decipher (the first letter is the problem, the second being D).
Date letter looks like ``s`` for 1915.
Regards
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

I prefer I for 1905 as the date letter. OP suggests that the letters of the sponsor's mark are FD, but it does not seem to have made it into any of the published references.

Phil
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

silvermakersmarks wrote:I prefer I for 1905 as the date letter. OP suggests that the letters of the sponsor's mark are FD, but it does not seem to have made it into any of the published references.

Phil
Thanks Phil yes FD are the sponsors marks thanks for the info.

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”