Silver Seahorse Emblem

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
joirishrose

Silver Seahorse Emblem

Post by joirishrose »

I'm looking for information on this peculiar silver emblem. It is on a vintage silver necklace I purchased. Any information on it's origin or where else I can find it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jo

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Silver Seahorse Emblem

Post by dognose »

Hi Jo,

Welcome to the Forum.

We'll need large, sharp close-up of the marks if we are to help.

Trev.
joirishrose

Post by joirishrose »

joirishrose wrote:I'm looking for information on this peculiar silver emblem. It is on a vintage silver necklace I purchased. Any information on it's origin or where else I can find it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jo NEW INFO: There is a small marking under the 925 on the lobster claw hook. It looks like M90 or 190. There is also a very faint seahorse stamped in each piece, beside the dangling one shown in the picture. If any of this sounds like something you have seen, please let me know. It is quite curious. Jo

dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Is the mark similar in outline to any marks on this page?:

http://www.925-1000.com/Fitalian_marks_01.html

Trev.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Image of the mark does not help much. Trev has suggested Italy based on the shape of the mark. If you cannot take better and sharp close up image, try to inspect the mark with 10X loupe and tell us what you saw. There should be numbers and two capital letters denoting the province (compare with the link Trev gave to you; it`s much easier to inspect the mark when you know what`s to be seen).
Regards
joirishrose

Post by joirishrose »

I will do that. Thanks. Jo
joirishrose

Post by joirishrose »

I have examined this with a magnifying glass. The stamp on the necklace and earrings, plus the earring backs all have a stamped seahorse identical to the little charm seahorse in the enclosed picture (original post). I have ordered a jewelers loupe with 60x magnification. There is a number or word on the post of the earring. My magnifying glass is only 7x magnification. Hopefully, when I receive the loupe I will be able to give more information on what I see. Is there no records on the Seahorse emblem? The body of seahorse is in the circle, where the curling tail is on the outer part of circle. I will let you know more later.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
My God, 60X magnification is close to microscope. Ten times is usually good enough. I have a 30X jewelers loupe but seldom needed for inspecting flaws in diamonds or really small details within marks.
It`s very important to know what you are looking for. In this case Italian mark has been suggested in the link. So, again, search for two letters and number.
Waiting to see what you found. Good luck.
Regards
joirishrose

Post by joirishrose »

Hi!

I have a magnifying glass that is 7x magnification but as one of the markings is on the post of the earring, and another on the lever on the lobster clasp, I thought this loupe would help. I also have other jewelry to check that I may post later. I will update the post when I can. Thank you for your help! Jo
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Jo has sent me a drawing of the marks:

Any thoughts?

Trev.
Flo109

Post by Flo109 »

I know this is a very old post but you will find the seahorse 925 silver mark on this page. Portuguese import mark with a seahorse.
http://www.silvercollection.it/DICTIONA ... TUGAL.HTML

Just FYI
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.
"you will find the seahorse 925 silver mark"
No, you will find a seahorse 925 silver mark.

Trev.

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”