Help ID a Pendant Found in Bermuda with a Metal Detector

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
efriis

Help ID a Pendant Found in Bermuda with a Metal Detector

Post by efriis »

I found a gorgeous pendant in Bermuda with my metal detector last week. I will post a pic when I have a chance. For now I will describe it verbally. It's in the shape of two pyramids - a shorter quat one on top of an inverted taller pyramid. It's quite ornate with four oval shaped turquiose stones on each face of the lower inverted pyramid. It appears to be hollow, but I cannot find any way to open it. The only marking that I can find on it is in a box that is divided into two sections. The left section contains the numbers "800" and the right section contains the numbers and letters "84F" and what appears to be an "i" without the dot after the "F". I'm assuming that the 800 means it's .800 silver.

Any help in IDing the origin and approximate age of this piece would be greatly appreciated. It was found about 8" to 10" deep in soil inland. I will post a picture of the piece and the stamp as soon as I have a chance to make a scan.

Thanks in advance for any replies!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Foreign Hallmarks

Possibly Italian?
efriis

Post by efriis »

Hi, Thanks for your reply and the link....that's very helpful as I think you're right and the piece is made in Florence. I'll have to take a closer look tonight to try and nail down a date range. Any idea where I might be able to find out who silversmith "84" in Florence is/might have been?

Best Regards, Erik

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”