English Tudor Rose

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
mystic angel

English Tudor Rose

Post by mystic angel »

Hi Everyone...I have a English Tudor Rose brooch and bolo tie "pendant", that are marked 925S , F. MORKEN on raised plates. I have not been able to find anything on this person or place. I was wondering if anyone out there may have some information. Thank you all in advance...
Matulda
contributor

Post by Matulda »

F. Morken was a gold and silver smith in Trondheim, Norway. I haven't been able to find out the exact years, but he was active aruond 1911. The company still exists, and it's possible that they could assist you further: http://www.norway.com/directories/d_company.asp?id=3172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mystic angel

Post by mystic angel »

Thanks for your help. I have checked out he site, and there seems to be only an address. The email link does not work. Would you by any chance kow what the "F" stands for? I may be able to further research on this person. Thanks again for your help.
Matulda
contributor

Post by Matulda »

Sorry, I have no idea what the F stands for. I've only found two other objects made by him on the Internet, both hollowware, of which one was comissioned by a church in 1911. I you want to know more about this maker, I guess you'll have to do like in the old times and send a postcard. I'm sure they can answer you by e-mail. The manager is a goldsmith called Sverre Morken, probably a grandchild or something.
mystic angel

Post by mystic angel »

Thank you so very much for your help. I will be able to go from there. At least I am a little bit further than I was before. Thanks again.

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”