I need help identifying these marks

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
seekingsilver

I need help identifying these marks

Post by seekingsilver »

I have a knife with these marks: a triangle, then the letter "S", then another triangle. I also have a fork of this same pattern but it has the following marks: the letter "S" inside a diamond shape, a shield with what looks like a horse head, then a box with the letter "P" inside.

I apologize for not having a picture. I do not have a pattern name yet either. From the patina, this appears to be sterling silver. Thank you for any help you can give.
~seekingsilver <><
2209patrick
co-admin

Post by 2209patrick »

The first mark you describe sounds like one used by the E.H.H. Smith Silver Company. Bridgeport, Connecticut. Founded c.1904. Reorganized as the Blackstone Silver Company in 1914. Taken over by Albert Pick & Company in 1920 who continued to use this mark on flatware. Not sure how long Albert Pick was in business, at least through 1927.

Pat.
seekingsilver

thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by seekingsilver »

I have been very frustrated trying to find this, albeit, a little disappointed that it is silverplate instead of sterling. I really appreciate your time and help! ~JP <><
Traintime
contributor

Re: I need help identifying these marks

Post by Traintime »

11 years late, but, second mark reads like Sears Roebuck & Co. Chicago Illinois..ref. Rainwater sample #2 as follows S-in-diamond, S-in-shield, thence P-in-box. Must have thought second S looked like a horse.

Return to “Silver Plate Trademarks - Single Image”