Need Help Identifying Hallmark on Silver Flatware

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
pjd

Need Help Identifying Hallmark on Silver Flatware

Post by pjd »

Good afternoon to all out there. I have come to possess a set of silver flatware that I believe is sterling, however, I can't find out who the maker is after searching and searching for what seems like forever. The mark is barely visible under a magnifier and I am unable to get a good enough photo of it to post it here. There is a shield in which "1880" is imprinted in the top portion under which there is a diagonal squiggly line separating it from left to right, under which is a rectangle and an upsidedown triangle. Next to that, it is marked 90. Can anyone out there help me identify this mark? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, sounds like Fr. Burberg from Solingen, Germany, founded in 1880, active at least until the 1970ies. And - it is plate. Best wishes, Bahner
pjd

Post by pjd »

Dear Bahner: Thank you so much for the information. I'll try to see what else I can find out about Fr Burberg or do you have any suggestions on where I can look for additional information on this silversmith? Thank you, pjd
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, try the 'Klingenmuseum Solingen' via Google. They might know something. Best wishes, Bahner
pjd

Post by pjd »

Dear Bahner: Thank you so much for the information. Regards, Pam

Return to “Silver Plate Trademarks - Single Image”