Mystery Mark crescent + crown + bullseye?

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Karen Hewitt

Mystery Mark crescent + crown + bullseye?

Post by Karen Hewitt »

Hello, this mark is on the back of a silver plate dinner spoon, what looks to be a crescent moon plus a crown plus a bullseye, plus words fairfield plate. Does anyone know this maker? Thanks so much!

2209patrick
co-admin

Re: Mystery Mark crescent + crown + bullseye?

Post by 2209patrick »

Hello

Below is a scetch of your mark with Wm. Rogers Mfg. Co. under it.
William Rogers Mfg. Co.was incorporated in 1872.
Became a division of the International Silver Company in 1898.
Around 1905 International Silver opened a Canadian branch of the Wm. Rogers Mfg. Co. division.
The scan below comes from a Canadian silver reference book. That's the only place I have seen your mark.
I suspect the mark was used on pieces produced at the Canadian plant, but can't confirm this.

Pat.
Karen Hewitt

Post by Karen Hewitt »

Patrick, Thanks so much. I scoured my books and came up dry- so I greatly appreciate your response. I just can't let an unidentified mark rest, even when it's on silver plate! I think the sketch is a match. Thanks again! Karen
GypsyWisdom

Post by GypsyWisdom »

I am no scholar but I do know some symbols of the King Arthur period... These symbols are subjective to being known as (Crescent Moon) The Goddess, (Crown) Royalty, and (Sun) God...
joannwagner63

Post by joannwagner63 »

I am a newbie to collecting and as such, have a million questions but I'm hoping you can answer just a few today. I acquired some flatware pieces with the mark shown in this thread. It also says Fairfield but does not say "plate" as was mentioned in the original post question. Does that matter? Is it still plated and designated as such by the markings...or would it say plated as I have seen in other photos of this pattern? I have tried to find the markings online and this is the only reference I can find about it. Thank you for your help.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please start a new topic with images of your item and the marks.

Trev.
dukesherman2000

Post by dukesherman2000 »

I am wondering what the final outcome of this marking ended up being? That is, was it silver?

Thanks in advance,
JN

Return to “Silver Plate Trademarks - Single Image”