The assayer is Aleksandr Stahijevitch Kudrin 1878-82
but are the silversmith is .... ?

Regards
AG2012
contributor

Re: SILVERSMITH ID

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Moscow silversmiths with И Г initials, no dots (pellets) from Ivanov. The book does not show actual images of marks, just initials.
Some of them are mentioned (упоминается) later but except for 1172 exact years of their activity are not given.
Regards

Ivan Gavrilov
888. Гаврилов Иван Матвеевич Владелец мастерской золотых и серебряных изделий, упоминается в 1912 году. Москва. Инициалы па клейме: ИГ, И М Г
Ivan Gorachev
1110. Горячев Иван Мастер, упоминается в 1909 году, периодически продавал своп изделия через магазин А. Вишняка (браслеты, брошки). Москва. Инициалы на клейме: И Г
Ivan Grachev
1128. Грачев Иван Мастер, упоминается в 1909 году, периодически продавал своп изделия через магазин Шера (зо л о тые браслеты). Москва. Инициалы па клейме: И Г
Ivan Grishin
1172. Гришин Иван Яковлевич Владелец мастерской серебряных изделий, 1892— 1908; в 1901 году имел 25 рабочих. Москва. Инициалы на клейме: ИГ, И Я Г
Ivan Guryanov
1220. Гурьянов Иван Ильич В 1914 году торговал на Нижегородской ярмарке изделиями с клеймами Московского пробирного округа. Инициалы па клейме: ИГ, И И Г
madej

Post by madej »

Thanks .
In that case, I will not find out who is the silversmith of my cigarette case
Regards
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

The mark you showed.The village Krasnoe where Ivan Galkin worked belonged to Kostroma province (губерния) and this mark was used:

Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

It cannot be Ivan Galkin because Kostroma assay office was up and running to 1916.
When we are talking Russian silver marks it is good to know that the maker's mark and the town mark should correspond. The reason for this is that the goldsmith had to register in the respective region's/town's assay office where he had his workshop. However, when we are closing in to the turn to the 20th century the rule changes a bit. Lots of assay offices were closed down. Therefore the town mark doesn't necessary tell where the master was located but were the object was assayed. Recently there was some threads where masters were located elsewhere (Tallinn, Ventspils...) but the town mark was from Riga. Very typical especially in the Baltic area. These are difficult cases.
madej

Post by madej »

Thanks Guys
What can be said about the hallmarks I put in. My English is weak and I got a little lost:(

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”