Opinions on Centaur Marking?

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Tem.inia

Opinions on Centaur Marking?

Post by Tem.inia »

Have a tea set that I am trying to do research on and all the oieces feature a star and a centaur. We have alot of Danmark stamped items so I figure its from the same region.

Any insight on these markings?
Aguest
contributor

Re: Opinions on Centaur Marking?

Post by Aguest »

The 5-pointed Star in the oval denotes a fineness of 91.5 percent minimum fineness hallmark, and this hallmark is from Spain.
The 5-pointed Star is made with lines, but when worn down the star appears solid, and you can see this beginning to occur with your hallmark.
Not sure about the Centaur hallmark, but surely a Centaur will be identified, it is such a distinctive hallmark....?
Tem.inia

Post by Tem.inia »

Aguest wrote:The 5-pointed Star in the oval denotes a fineness of 91.5 percent minimum fineness hallmark, and this hallmark is from Spain.
The 5-pointed Star is made with lines, but when worn down the star appears solid, and you can see this beginning to occur with your hallmark.
Not sure about the Centaur hallmark, but surely a Centaur will be identified, it is such a distinctive hallmark....?
Thank you for clarifying. So the stars represent the country of origin (Spain) and the Centaur is the Hallmark of the maker?

Admin edit
Last edited by oel on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: One item per topic
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

See also: http://www.925-1000.com/foreign_marks3.html

Trev.
Tem.inia

Post by Tem.inia »

Thanks for the help. I apologize about the multiple items. I'll make a seperate post about it.

Once you mentioned it was spanish I saw your references. You guys truely are the best out there.
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Yes, the "STAR" is the national hallmark of Spain, and the "CENTAUR" is a maker's mark which is unknown as of this point in time, but it could be identified with enough time and research and access to the reference books of Spain....

Would love to see other hallmarks and pics of the entire piece as well....
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

Siento no haber visto antes el post

I'm sorry I did not see the post before

Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”