please help,hall mark????

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
kayhen35

please help,hall mark????

Post by kayhen35 »

hi,i have a small salt/pepper,well some sort of shaker,it has a rounded top.it has the letter D written on the front in a fancy way.there is a half crescent,crown 800 on the bottom followed by what looks like half a circle with 5 points coming out of it with a dot in the archway of the semi circle.i hope someone can help identify this
kayhen35

Post by kayhen35 »

it also has the name sonnichsen above the marks
georgiansilver
contributor

Post by georgiansilver »

Please look at the German hallmarks on this site. Best wishes, Mike.
kayhen35

Post by kayhen35 »

hi,i have and cannot find it.
georgiansilver
contributor

Post by georgiansilver »

The crescent, crown and 800 sound like late German marks, have you checked post 1884 marks for Germany? Best wishes, Mike.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Kayhen,
Sorry, the mark you are looking for is not amongst the German marks listed on the website, and I do not know the maker. Given time, it may be identified by another member.
Best, Tom
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, Sönnichsen was a jeweller and retailer near Hamburg, active in the 19th and 20th century. He just sold this. Can You post at least a drawing of the mark ? Whithout a pic this is too much guesswork. There are several makers with marks similiar to the one You described. Best wishes, Baner
kayhen35

Post by kayhen35 »

its best described as a half circle rising sun with 5 rays coming off it and a dot underneath.

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”