Georg Jensen Paule Revere Reproduction Bowl

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
HWC

Georg Jensen Paule Revere Reproduction Bowl

Post by HWC »

I have a sterling silver bowl by Georg Jensen Inc with markings on it indicating a Paul Revere reproduction. There's a hallmark of a harp which I'm trying to find more information about. Can anyone tell me about this Paul Revere company? I have an 18K gold ring with this exact mark on it but can't find anything about this company let alone something linking them to producing gold jewelry.

dragonflywink
co-admin

Re: Georg Jensen Paule Revere Reproduction Bowl

Post by dragonflywink »

Hi ~ That lyre trademark belonged to Worden-Munnis of Boston (1940-64), your Revere bowl would have been manufactured by them and retailed by Georg Jensen, USA. The mark on your ring would almost certainly belong to an entirely different company using a similar lyre trademark, might help to post pictures in the Gold Marks forum.

American Marks - W4

~Cheryl
silverly

Re: Georg Jensen Paule Revere Reproduction Bowl

Post by silverly »

The Encyclopedia of American Silver Manufacturers by Dorthy T Rainwater & Martin and Colette Fuller Revised 5th Edition mentions that Old Newbury Crafters were producing Worden-Munnis's holloware when the purchased the company in 1964. Whatever the case, I suspect you have a very good quality reproduction.

Return to “American Sterling & Coin Silver - Single Image”