22k Marking, but from where?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
chrismittty

22k Marking, but from where?

Post by chrismittty »

So I scooped this Diamond Cut necklace up at the fleamarket for a steal, It was in a giant bag of mixed jewelry, some real, some costume. I figured theres a 50/50 chance on it being real so, I got it. Its marked 9166 on the S clasp and .916 and some Illegible lettering, and a little symbol. I cannot properly describe the little symbol to locate its origin, I hope its legitimate the necklace and pendant are reaally nice, far nicer than most of what is available here in my area.

Here's the S clasp, one side is fixed, and Unlike everything I have ever seen, its not marked on the chain tips at all. Only the clasp and pendant's loop/bail...Not even the back of the pendant is marked...Is that normal?

Pendant's Loop/bail:

It scratches funny but seems to test out okay, I assume this is due to differences in alloying? I wouldn't venture a guess beyond that.
georgiansilver
contributor

Re: 22k Marking, but from where?

Post by georgiansilver »

The clasp is in the style of Indian gold jewellery.. but otherwise can't help.
chrismittty

Re: 22k Marking, but from where?

Post by chrismittty »

georgiansilver wrote:The clasp is in the style of Indian gold jewellery.. but otherwise can't help.
Thank you! I have figured that much out, but with a specific mark like that, I thought maybe an export mark or import mark?

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”