This eye belong to anyone?

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
larrywseale

This eye belong to anyone?

Post by larrywseale »

I've been through the American & Unidentified marks - the only possibility I see is the J.T. Inman Co but there's little detail in the mark shown. Opinions?
You're welcome to use the picture.

dognose
Site Admin

Re: This eye belong to anyone?

Post by dognose »

Hi Larry,

As we've had no luck with this one, you might want to check out the names in this topic as a point for further research:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 38&t=29863

Trev.
WarrenKundis
contributor

Post by WarrenKundis »

Larry,

I do have a growing interest in these types of Norwegian barely twist stems. The eye is not familiar, nor the particular design of the finial. The raised lettering is also very distinct. As I'm long at your second image where the stem meets the bowl, is that another mark that appears to be letters or is that the eye?

Warren
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Discovered this mysterious "Eye-With-Eyelashes" hallmark on a baby spoon, pattern unknown, and there are no additional letters on my baby spoon so I believe there are no additional letters in the above pic and it is only an artifact from the casting process___

I also thought it was the early "Inman Silver" hallmark, but apparently the consensus it that this is an unknown silversmith, and also the Inman hallmark does not have the prominent eyelashes all around the eye, it really is quite striking, and it could be a "Light-Rays-Radiating-From-The-Eye" type of symbol which is often seen in Masonic symbolism___
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

So the "Inman Silver" symbol is different from this one, is this correct?

Baby Spoon example:

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”