3 Shell Condiment tray. Marks unknown to me.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
ppww

3 Shell Condiment tray. Marks unknown to me.

Post by ppww »

This 10" x 10" condiment server has threaded handle. It is stamped "HA" "EA" "FA" and has image of hand holding bouquet of long stemmed flowers. I know it is silver plate, but have had no luck in identifying the marks. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. Image
Image[/url][/img][/img]
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

Atkin Brothers of Sheffield, England.

Cheryl ;o)
ppww

Thank you

Post by ppww »

Wow, that was fast. Really appreciate the response I will start my search a new. Many thanks. Penny
Waylander
co-admin

Post by Waylander »

Some more information for you on Atkin Bros;

Marks used:- H.A, HA, HA EA FA, A B

Trademark:- A hand grasping plumes

Henry Atkin set up as a spoon maker in 1841. He had three sons (Henry, Edward and Frank), who following his death took over the company. Atkin Brothers were a multi-product Sheffield company producing good quality items in silver and plate (the mark used on EPNS was HA EA FA), from 1853 to 1958. The firm had a retail outlet in London, where they also entered silver marks. The firm was acquired by C J Vander, in 1958.

Flatware bearing their maker’s mark is generally Sheffield marked, well made and in the traditional patterns.

Cheers

Waylander
ppww

Another thank you

Post by ppww »

First of all thank you for your info.

Secondly, this is one of the best websites ever. Well defined in its purpose, easy to read, navigate, with clear, clean images and a knowledgeable group of supporters.

Thanks again. Hope someday I'll be able to return the favor. Penny

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”