Wallace Brothers

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Marineboy2

Wallace Brothers

Post by Marineboy2 »

Hey everyone!
First time poster to this board and as is always the case....I would like some help with knowing more about a spoon I found.
This was found while Scuba diving in NJ. So the spoon is in rough shape. I have attached a few photos to help with ID.

Info from photos:
The rear is stamped with "Wallace Brothers Plate AA"
The rear has a simple line design running along the handles edge
The front has what looks to be an "11" or the letters "II" stamped in the middle of the handle
The front handle has a waved? design running along the edge broken up by 5 wheat leaf? marks and then continues the wave to the blunt tip

http://s797.photobucket.com/user/Marine ... rs%20Spoon
(Link to pics..wasnt sure how to include)

From my searching I was thinking this might be circa 1871-1879 when "Wallace Brothers" was created...before "R. Wallace mfg"
I could not find if the "Wallace Brothers" stamp was only used during a specific timeframe tho.
Does this sound correct? Or might you have other info?

Also ..does the design have a name?
I understand this company was a huge manufacturer of goods..so Im sure its not anything special...but I do enjoy tracking down the history of things I find while Scuba Diving. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer!
Joe
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Re: Wallace Brothers

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As you may have realised we prefer images to be embedded so that our contributors do not have to click on links. You can do this by pasting into your post the code supplied by photobucket as "IMG" next to each of your individual pictures.

Phil

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”