Need help identifying this mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
bjmadsen77

Need help identifying this mark

Post by bjmadsen77 »

Hi,

I have this fairly large silver tray and I cannot find the maker. I took it to a coin shop and he took one look and stated it was silverplate and could tell by the construction. I know nothing about it as it was gifted to me by my best friend after her mother passed away. These are the only markings I could find on it.

bjmadsen77

Re: Need help identifying this mark

Post by bjmadsen77 »

Here is another image of the tray including the handles. It is also footed and weighs quite a bit. In this image the tray is wet because my sister wanted to clean it in a vat of baking soda, water, and tin foil... the original post shows the pattern much clearer.

dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

That's a silverplate mark we've seen many times on the forum, but as yet we've been unable to identify the maker. Perhaps your post will prompt someone to come up with a positive answer.

See also: http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... oda#p61315

Trev.
bjmadsen77

Post by bjmadsen77 »

Hi and thanks for the welcome! I appreciate the link about baking soda as well... I had no idea. I will stick to my usual method of just wiping down with a soft cloth from here on out. It would be nice to find the maker because I think the tray is beautiful and have been using it as coffee table accent piece.
dognose wrote:Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

That's a silverplate mark we've seen many times on the forum, but as yet we've been unable to identify the maker. Perhaps your post will prompt someone to come up with a positive answer.

See also: http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... oda#p61315

Trev.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”