Russian Brass Samovar bowl

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
JanGroen
contributor

Russian Brass Samovar bowl

Post by JanGroen »

Good day
I bought what I think is a brass Samovar bowl made in Russia. Any idea of maker and age? It has marks on bottom consisting of two headed eagle with Russian writhing above it and dates below. Dates seems like 1892 and 1825.
Thank you
Jannie

AG2012
contributor

Re: Russian Brass Samovar bowl

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Samovar maker is «Товарищество Кольчугина» ("Partnership Kolchugin ")
This is better image of the mark.
After 1890 or beginning 20th century.
Regards

AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

"Brass and Copper-Rolling Plants A. Kolchugin"
Alexander Grigoryevich Kolchugin (27.07.1839-10.09.1899) was a Russian businessman and merchant.He was a hereditary honorary citizen of Moscow,a member of the Moscow branch of the Trade and Manufactory Council,a holder of the Order of St. Anne of the 2nd degree, He founded the firm (1876) for the processing of non-ferrous metals ("Association of Brass and Copper-Rolling Plants A. Kolchugin").
Some of the money was donated to shelters for the elderly and minors. The firm built a copper-rolling and brass plant in the Vladimir province (now Kolchugino). Kolchugin made a great contribution to the development of the metallurgical complex of Russia. Kolchugin's metallurgical production is currently the largest in Russia.
On the loan received from the trading house "Vogau and Co.", Alexander Kolchugin constructed plants near. Vasilievskoe with steam engines and modern equipment.
n 1918 the plant was nationalized and became known as the First State Copper-Processing Plant.

Your dish was made here (1900s).

JanGroen
contributor

Post by JanGroen »

Good evening
Thank you for all this information. It took me a while to figure out what it was. I was also not sure where I can place it as its not really silver.
Jannie
keithymac6

Post by keithymac6 »

Hi

I Have just received this Russian Samovar from a large estate in Andalucia,i know most of these item are Brass ,but this one seems to be silver.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

kind regards c

keith
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please start a new topic.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”