unidentifiable Markings FCR

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
pudzzy

unidentifiable Markings FCR

Post by pudzzy »

Thank you for any help , I have an old fork I have been trying to research .. I have been able to Id other pieces I inherited from mom .But this one I cant find any no info on ..All the silverware i have comes from England & is around the 50s or before.. Can anyone tell me about this fork also what is it made from... The handle only says FCR A1 (Sorry It wont let me show a photo on here )

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
AG2012
contributor

Re: unidentifiable Markings FCR

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
British electroplaters used a letter code for plated wares.
A1 stands for Superior Quality (the best quality) i.e. 32 grams on 12 pieces = 2 2/3 grams per table spoon or table fork.
Regards
pudzzy

Post by pudzzy »

HI I know about the A1 Does no one know what FCR means
pudzzy

Post by pudzzy »

AG2012 wrote:Hi,
British electroplaters used a letter code for plated wares.
A1 stands for Superior Quality (the best quality) i.e. 32 grams on 12 pieces = 2 2/3 grams per table spoon or table fork.
Regards
Thank you I knew what A1 was but still dont know what FCR is ,,Maybe an unidentified marking ??
pudzzy

still trying to ID marks FCR

Post by pudzzy »

marking on a fork FCR A1 .. I FOUND that the F means foreign.. The fork is A1 which is good.. But would love to know the rest of the marking Think I have unidentified marking that no one seems to knows ( DEAD END) .
. The handle only says FCR A1

HI I know about the A1 Does no one know what FCR means[/quote]
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Re: still trying to ID marks FCR

Post by silvermakersmarks »

F means Foreign under some circumstances, but almost certainly not here where it appears to be part of the manufacturer's initials. Unfortunately there are a lot of undocumented electroplaters and this is currently one of them so identification will not be a simple matter and may have to wait until somebody has a lightbulb moment.

In future posts please keep all follow-ups in the original topic so that we have a full trail of questions and responses.

Phil

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”