Edwards (no Holmes) Unknown Pattern

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Aguest
contributor

Edwards (no Holmes) Unknown Pattern

Post by Aguest »

Usually I find the "Holmes & Edwards" hallmark but this only has the "Edwards" (but I believe I see a tiny conjoined HE hallmark)....

I couldn't find the pattern name either, even though it resembles a pattern from 1888, this pattern I could not locate....

Aguest
contributor

Re: Edwards (no Holmes) Unknown Pattern

Post by Aguest »

The 1886 patent seems to be for the "Inlaid Sterling" process where tiny areas of sterling silver are inlaid upon the silver plate object only in the specific places where the object touches the table, eliminating the brown wear-out spots which you see where traditional silver plate objects touch the table for extended periods of time___

I have seen quite a few different hallmarks for Holmes and Edwards, so I just assume this is an unrecorded variant of the "Holmes And Edwards" hallmarks, right before they patented the phrase "Inlaid Sterling" and started using it on their pieces a long with "IS" etc___

Even though Holmes & Edwards seems to have made flatware using other alloys of metals (like the trade-name "Gold Aluminum" for example), this particular example does seem to be the "Inlaid Sterling" design process___
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

The pattern is 'Warner', also found with Bridgeport trademarks, as well as Tufts, who called it 'Hub'; designed by R.H. Klingel, the patent for the pattern is #D18701.

~Cheryl
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Thank you truly the best ___ I could not find this pattern name anywhere

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”