Identify Coffee Pot Origin

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
stevengl

Identify Coffee Pot Origin

Post by stevengl »

Hi!

I bought this R. Wallace coffee pot years ago and I initially thought it was from Hotel Pennsylvania is NYC. As I learned more about the hotel, I learned this isn't what the hotel's silver service looked like. Hotel Pennsylvania had its silver service made by Reed & Barton. I was naive and trusted an eBay listing! Can anyone help me identify where this coffee pot belonged to? I have posted pictures of the logo, details and of course the makers marks on the bottom. It says The Pennsylvania 23 on it. Not very helpful for me. I'm new to the forum, if no one can help, can anyone point me in the direction of who I should contact that may be able to do investigative work and be able to figure out the origins? I recently made a deal with Hotel Pennsylvania and my silver collection is going on display for the hotel's centennial this year. If this piece is in fact from Hotel Penn in NYC, then I would love for it to be a part of the display! I tried contacting the company that bought R. Wallace but so many mergers have happened and they said they have no historian or records. I appreciate any help at all!

Traintime
contributor

Re: Identify Coffee Pot Origin

Post by Traintime »

Just to start, Larry R. Paul's ever-expanding data base of Hotels (china services research, but helpful): http://larryrpaul.com

Big hotels had numerous dining venues (often changing) and multiple services for them. Banquet services sometimes get an entirely separate line.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”