Cursive JF with curly-tailed fish, and badly stamped tradmark number

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Bobc

Cursive JF with curly-tailed fish, and badly stamped tradmark number

Post by Bobc »

Cleaning up wife's family heirloom silver plate bowl, found a stamp on the bottom under the grime. Spent some time searching, and the fact that I can find nothing close to this after much searching has me wildly curious...old department store brand is my guess? I really have no clue.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Cursive JF with curly-tailed fish, and badly stamped tradmark number

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

It's a mark we've had before on the forum, but so far we've had no luck finding an answer.

Hopefully your post may prompt someone to reveal the identity.

Trev.
Bobc

Post by Bobc »

Thank you for that reply! I didn't find those when I searched the forum, but I'm new at this. I'll keep looking!
Bobc

Post by Bobc »

Some more information, though not enough specifics, perhaps the other posters have similar and it can be narrowed down to a region?

Came from a Grandparents, WW2 generation. From Wales, they met and married in England. She was Nurse, he was Navy.
They lived all over, even Germany and Japan. Ended up in New Jersey then Florida by the 1980's.

We have no information on even what decade this comes from, unfortunately. Sorry we can't be more help.
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

A John Fish Jewelers has been operating in Las Vegas for over sixty years. Perhaps you might find a connection in that direction. [The four digit number would be a control number related to the item, and not necessarily the trademark.]

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”