Please help identifying

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
newbieGburg

Please help identifying

Post by newbieGburg »

Hello,
I've watched videos, looked at a zillion charts and cannot figure out what the castle, W or crown mean. It was my grandmother's and she lived in Newport, RI. She owned mostly sterling but had a few plated pieces. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
And, since I can't figure out how to add photos, the castle has bricks on it and is in a shield. The W looks like a trident and the crown looks a bit like a heart shaped beachball also in a shield.
newbieGburg

Re: Please help identifying

Post by newbieGburg »

I'm trying to post the photos

newbieGburg

Post by newbieGburg »

Though I would really appreciate someone telling me what this piece is, I'd be grateful if they could tell me how I could figure it out myself. I mean, where do you begin? I know it doesn't have the Lion which means sterling... and that's it.
WarrenKundis
contributor

Post by WarrenKundis »

These are not hallmarks, do start look through the silverplates marks as you look up at the top of the page.

Good luck!
Warren
newbieGburg

still can't find it

Post by newbieGburg »

Hello,
I've looked through all the silver plate images and I still can't find any of these marks. I've even googled castles with bricks, W's that look like tridents and crowns... can't find the exact same images. Does anyone happen to know?
thank you
WarrenKundis
contributor

Post by WarrenKundis »

Also went through all of the silverplate trademark images here. Entered castle, W , crown into the search which brought up 54 posts that mentioned all or part of these three items. So far this trademark has come back unidentified. Sorry could not be of more help but do focus on the W, may be your best clue. IF yu find it please post the answer here as others in the past have also inquired.

Good luck
Warren

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”