Odd Pitcher w/Birds: RAMOS Mark?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
mailitx

Odd Pitcher w/Birds: RAMOS Mark?

Post by mailitx »

I've come across the last piece I can't seem to identify, any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's one mark that reads "N RAMOS P" and a mark that I can not make out at all (please see second picture), no amount of Google has helped (me at least) so I'm humbly asking for assistance.

This is also a part of my husband's parent's estate – a mix of Sheffield, plate, sterling and also where I've found numerous quantities of Steuben glass, Tiffany, Lalique, Limoge, etc. They were quite the collectors!

Thanks so much for your time and effort, please let me know if I can answer any additional questions!
Traintime
contributor

Re: Odd Pitcher w/Birds: RAMOS Mark?

Post by Traintime »

Someone's probably looking hard for the answer..but until then, are you sure it does not read "N RAND" followed by "SP." (for silverplate). The letters look to be slightly larger and registering lower at the bottom. It also looks like the letter N re-appears in the lower mark at the beginning.
mailitx

Post by mailitx »

You know, at this point, I am not sure... I'm definitely keeping an open mind! Any help is greatly appreciated – I'll work on the N RAND theory as well, thanks so much!
Sharon!

Post by Sharon! »

I have same pitcher. did anyone discover what the mark N Ramos P. on the bottom means?
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

The shape of the base is very similar to a sterling silver ash tray I used to have by "P LOPEZ G" ::: Can you read anything beneath the RAMOS mark, or is that not a hallmark at all and just a series of irregular lines? :: I could be wrong about your bird pitcher being from Mexico, but that is my best guess at this point in time :::

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”