any help thanks

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
woo0

any help thanks

Post by woo0 »

I am still trying to figure out who made this ladle and what type of silver it is I just cant find it.The marks are so small its real hard to get a distinct pic but I can describe it.I can tell there is an overstrike over some marks.L.Axelson then in a circle its a face with 1 crown only then in a rectangle NS it does have a gold wash bowl.
Matulda
contributor

Post by Matulda »

NS is the Swedish mark for nickel silver, probably silver plated. The middle mark is Saint Erik, the locality mark of Stockholm. I haven't found any information on who L. Axelson is, but since there is/was no control on nickel silver it can be very hard to identify the makers if they didn't also make silver objects. Unfortunately, I don't have a book on silver makers between 1850 and 1912, and by the look of it, that's where this ladle belongs. You could try to check that if you have the possibility.
woo0

Post by woo0 »

thanks for the input.
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, how about these two: L. Axelson sen., active in Stockholm 1875-1893, and L. Axelson jun., active in Stockholm from 1896 to 1912 (and possibly later). Best wishes, Bahner

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”