Marks on pipe rings

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
ravik

Marks on pipe rings

Post by ravik »

Ladies and gentlemans,
I have few pipes with metal rings and can't identify marks on them. I exactly know that there are not pipemakers marks and rings are not originals for those pipes. They were mounted in repair process. May be someone can help me?
Thank You in advance for Your answers.

2209patrick
co-admin

Re: Marks on pipe rings

Post by 2209patrick »

Welcome to the forum.

I can't identify the manufacturer. Just thought I'd add some information.

I have a Dutch pipe with a brass ring with your mark.

Since your Stanwell is Danish I think we might be looking for a European or Scandinavian manufacturer.

Pat.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Digging around in the pipe forums, it would appear that the mark on these pipe rings (SJV) has long been a mystery. As ravik has stated they are not original fittings, but rings used by repairers. They appear to be only made in base metal.

Trev.
ravik

Post by ravik »

Thanks Pat. Thanks Trev.
Yes, we have no answer about these marks on pipe forums. It was reason why I post my question here. I know that these repair rings are cheap and low value. But they are popular. I have this Stanwell (Denmark) and Parker (England), have seen Hardcastle (England), Vauen (Germany), Butz Choquin(France), even Dunhill pipes with such rings. And it's strange that nobody can say where those rings came from and what does those marks means.

Raimis.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”