Help identifying 925 Brooch

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
twointofour

Help identifying 925 Brooch

Post by twointofour »

Hello and thank you to begin with.

I recently acquired this as a thrift store pickup and I cannot figure out the Maker's Mark name.

It seems to be which one would call a modernist, brutalist, or organic brooch.

I thought maybe it said well I mean 925 but the name possibly "A. IDAN" or "A. IDAR". But I cannot find anything about that name anywhere. I know that Idan is a moshav in southern Israel. And Idar is a town in Sabarkantha district, Gujarat, India. I don't know if it is even reference to a place but more so to a name.

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

I want to thank you 925 - 1000 forums for being here you guys are great.
twointofour

Re: Help identifying 925 Brooch

Post by twointofour »

I take it no one knows? Also the middle round piece is not silver, it's some kind of gem or material, it's rather odd sounding when I tap it, not like a hard mineral like I would think moonstone or similar stone would sound. But more like a hard hollow material, not plastic though. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also i have no intention of driving traffic away from your fantastic site, but are there other forums that are similar to this one with help identifying pieces?

Thank you.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.
I take it no one knows?
Patience is a virtue, it's been less than a week since you posted your question.

Please remember that many members of the forum only visit occasionally.

Trev.
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

Looks very much like electroformed silver jewelry common to Israeli manufacturers, and that might be a cultured grey freshwater pearl...

~Cheryl
twointofour

Post by twointofour »

I appreciate your responses, thank you. It does look a lot like electroform silver. To be honest I didn't even know such a thing existed. I knew electroplate but not electroform. So it's just a name for hollow precious metal jewelry? Or probably the way it's done eh. I am going to read read read up on it.

Return to “Other Jewelry”