Franz Louissica Jewellery

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Pooka

Franz Louissica Jewellery

Post by Pooka »

Hello,

I'm not sure where to post this but I have chosen this sub-forum! I bought a piece of jewellery from a charity shop as I figured even if I did make a mistake, at least the money would be well used. I am hoping that the whole piece is solid silver but I have my doubts. The ring is stamped 925 and, what looks like a scottie dog, is stamped FRANZ LOUISSICA. On research (if one can call it that!) I find that there is a mishmash of results. Some adverts state similar items with similar markings are solid silver but others list them as perhaps white metal pieces. I can't find a maker called Franz Louissica either and maybe this is just a brand name? My gut feeling is that this item is very modern and faux and possibly made in bulk somewhere! If anyone can enlighten me I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks, Greg.

Here are some links to the pictures

Pooka

Re: Franz Louissica Jewellery

Post by Pooka »

Hi,

I have solved my own mystery! I bought a silver testing kit on eBay and tested various parts of the chain. All areas tested revealed (even the ring stamped 925) a copper base. I'm not disappointed too much as the proceeds went to charity and it is a nice enough chain albeit with a few coppery bits showing now!

Greg.

Return to “Other Jewelry”