Date query on Modernist Scandinavian Silver Bracelet

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
NatdeT

Date query on Modernist Scandinavian Silver Bracelet

Post by NatdeT »

I have acquired a modernist link silver bracelet but a bit baffled by the date marks. It is marked twice 925 and again with the 925 scales mark which I understand was adopted in 1975. However there is also a stamp marked Gg or G9 which could be Swedish date mark for 1957.There is also a sideways anchor Mark. Any ideas? Can original 925 marked have been over stamped at a later date?
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Date query on Modernist Scandinavian Silver Bracelet

Post by dognose »

Hi,

As advised before, your question cannot be answered without the required images.

Trev.
NatdeT

Post by NatdeT »

Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

After several fruitless searches, words "925 scales mark" brought up some threads. An additional 925 guarantee mark applied by the maker along with the CCM international standards (scales bracketed 925) on jewelry from (yada yada) here: http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... ark#p73329

So, no Swedish State mark...not Swedish? Anchor mark...Birmingham or other place symbol? Letters in circles...maker mark, not date code?
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Birmingham assay office listed as legit: http://www.hallmarkingconvention.org/assay-offices.php
NatdeT

Post by NatdeT »

Thanks, I do think it is Birmingham now, just need to find out what the G (and the symbol next to it) stands for!
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Typical form (conjoined circles) of many maker marks..consisting here of two letters. Firm might be listed under G (your first letter) or whatever that last letter is (if you can make it out--not a number).
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Not to mis-lead your identification, but notice the similarity of form to the lower half of this Edwards & Co. mark showing "GE":
http://www.925-1000.com/dlBirmingham2.html#M
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

And, just to be clear, in this case I should have called it a "sponsor's mark" as these firms are not always the maker.

Return to “European Jewelry”