Help needed to identify a heavy silver pendant?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
cottingleyfairy

Help needed to identify a heavy silver pendant?

Post by cottingleyfairy »

hello,
I need help identifying my piece of jewelry any info is much apprieciated as i have tried for a very long time and do not know anything about it, i am not even sure if it is a pendant.
The piece is about 4 by 3 cm and is quite heavy, on the back there is a hoop which opens out to a 90 degree angle which is stamped west germany, this is on top of the smooth triangle piece with a hole in. so not sure if it has been added on as this stops the triangle from moving.
Below the triangle bit on the back are the letters SW and underneath that are the numbers 2062 and i think it looks like a W next to them.
There is no other markings that i can see so i am hoping someone can shred some light on it.
thankyou
sarah
ImageImageImageImage
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your images are password protected and cannot be enlarged.

Regards Trev.
byron mac donald

Post by byron mac donald »

hello Trev-

I do not seem to be having the same problems that you and JAKJO are with the password protection, I wonder why?

Regards- Byron
Doos
co-admin

Post by Doos »

Hi,

The woman in the portrait is probably Nanette Kaula, painted by Joseph Karl Stieler in 1829.

The style (of what is this? a button brooch?) fits in the 1830's, but there was no west Germany back then. So could be a remake with a print.

Hope that helped a bit,

Alain
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

It's a scarf clip, can remember my Mom having similar pot metal pieces in the early '60s.

~Cheryl
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

The photos are fine now, maybe there was a problem with the image host.

Agree with Cheryl, a scarf clip, slide the two ends though the ring and because of the design of the ring, it would be spring loaded and hold tightly in its place.

I've never seen a silver one, only base metal.

Trev.
cottingleyfairy

Post by cottingleyfairy »

Thankyou so much for all your help, i did wonder who the painting was.
I still think the scarf loop? was added on as thats the piece that says west germany on but it is quite heavy and there is nothing missing off the jewerly, not a spring or anything else so would of thought it would not be able to hold onto a scarf. but then again i dont know anything about that sort of area so i could be wrong and thankyou once again.
does anyone know what the letters and numbers could stand for?
By the way the forum is very good.
sarah

Return to “European Jewelry”