Sterling mark help - jewelry

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
spyder

Sterling mark help - jewelry

Post by spyder »

Please help. I have this ring that has "sterling" and what looks to be the mark "DI" or "DL". Please see pics below

ValkyrieVixen
contributor

Post by ValkyrieVixen »

It's D with a T over an R for Desert Rose Trading, the company owned by Jay King who sells on HSN. This must be an early piece because it's not at all like the style that is done now.
spyder

Post by spyder »

ValkyrieVixen wrote:It's D with a T over an R for Desert Rose Trading, the company owned by Jay King who sells on HSN. This must be an early piece because it's not at all like the style that is done now.
I have emailed the pictures to the Desert Rose Trading. They confirmed it is their stamp. They said that they went through the records back to 2000 and this was not listed. They said it was a casting. They are continuing to search their records and will get back to me. They said that it was rare to have a casting so it may be harder to find. I will keep everyone up to date when I hear back from them.
spyder

Post by spyder »

I received a reply from Desert Rose Trading. I have included the email below.

"I discussed your pictures with our silversmith & discovered that this ring was produced through our company for Avon. He said that it was at least 12 years ago or more that we produced it. It's a saphire. Wow!."
babclasic

Re: Sterling mark help - jewelry

Post by babclasic »

@spyder

Can you please re-post the images for this ring? I have a "Large D with small vertical TR" bracelet that is stamped Sterling instead of the usual 925 or China 925 Jay King uses. Is that what these pictures show? Pretty sure this cuff bracelet with spiny oyster heart and also turquoise and deep blue cabochons is Desert Rose Trading / Jay King but the "sterling" is throwing me off? Is that an early mark? Or perhaps the Avon mark as suggested here.

Return to “American Jewelry”