Help identifying maker's mark on sterling snake earrings RL&

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
hoarder girl

Help identifying maker's mark on sterling snake earrings RL&

Post by hoarder girl »

Hi all,

Would love some help identifying the maker's mark: RLâ–³ on these rattlesnake earrings. They are, I believe, Southwestern and likely Native American.
They have a date stamped: 1983 (I believe this is a date, not a serial number because I received them by 1985, latest). Further marked sterling ©.
Only potential name I could find is Robert Livingston but no example of his mark to compare. Any info is greatly appreciated!

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... fulls2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... keesig.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(admin photo edit - images too large - insert as link only - see Posting Requirements)
ValkyrieVixen
contributor

Post by ValkyrieVixen »

The copyright mark is almost always a company, NA artisans don't tend to use them although I have heard some contemporary ones do but I have never seen it on a verified NA piece.
I'm nearly certain yours are a manufacturer, I've seen the mark before but the name is escaping me. If it comes to me I'll be sure to come back and post. :)
hoarder girl

Post by hoarder girl »

Thank you so much! I'm not even sure that they are NA- would love clarification. The main reason I feel that these are artisan-made is that they were purchased from an art gallery- who repped single artists. Having said that, it's been ages since I got them, don't remember the name of the gallery and so can't check with them. Your input is greatly appreciated!!
silvercrown

Post by silvercrown »

Your earrings are from designer Richard Lindsay. Mr. Lindsay was born in Colorado and has worked in Santa Fe, NM for over 20 years. He signs with his initials and a triangle. Mr. Lindsay is an Anglo artist, not Native American. All of his work is hand crafted and generally quite whimsical. If you google under his name you will find many example of his work.

Silvercrown

Return to “American Jewelry”