American Studio Jewelers

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
admin
Site Admin

American Studio Jewelers

Post by admin »

Dear Members,
At some point before the New Year, I will be adding to the website a section covering the makers' marks of American Studio Jewelers.
The section will cover the 1930s - 1960s and include the likes of; Sam Kramer, Ed Wiener, Paul Lobel, Betty Cooke, Frank Rebajes, Esther Lewittes and many lesser known craftsmen.
Rather than just illustrating their marks, I'd like to link each name to a page illustrating a number of jewelry examples to document their work.
To that end, I ask that any of you possessing images of such work or makers' marks contribute them to the project. If you'd care to help in this documentation, please send images to Image

Many thanks, Tom
Last edited by admin on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The new section of American Modernist Jewelers & Silvermiths Marks is up and running. As of today, the section includes 42 craftsmen's marks and 148 examples of work. This is just the beginning of the project and I hope that it will grow to be much larger over time. Any contributions of marks or work images to help the section expand will be greatly appreciated.
To that end, I ask that any of you possessing images of such work or makers' marks contribute them to the project. If you'd care to help in this documentation, please send images to Image
Regards, Tom
scotto

Re: American Studio Jewelers

Post by scotto »

Hi Tom,
I have looked thru the work you have posted regarding this portion of the website. I thought there was a possibility that the item I am trying to ID might have a spot in here. But I still don't know what I have!
I have listed it in the forum on Jewelry under the title
Help with Hallmark SA or AS 925

Seems Like the necklace might have a connection to this new area of Fine Art Studio jewelers.
FredZ
contributor

Re: American Studio Jewelers

Post by FredZ »

I am more than glad to help in this project. I have a modest collection of Modernist and Contemporary jewelry by American studio artists.
Fred

Return to “American Jewelry”