Help with possibly Chinese marks, please

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
kittenkat

Help with possibly Chinese marks, please

Post by kittenkat »

Hello to everyone,
I am new to the forum & am hoping that someone will be able to help me identify 5 metal buttons that I own. I believe these are silver & Chinese, but I am not certain & would therefore appreciate anyone's assistance in identifying these. They have 2 sets of character marks to the reverse (each button has the same marks), which may be Chinese in origin.
I would appreciate any input at all.
With great thanks,
Kathy
PS I hope I have uploaded my photos correctly, as I have not used this system before, so please forgive me if it hasn't worked properly!

davidross
contributor

Re: Help with possibly Chinese marks, please

Post by davidross »

Hello Kathy

Welcome to the Forum.

Your photos are a little large, but viewable. The marks are rather rubbed or poorly struck, however, and a little small in your photos. It would be helpful if you used the macro function on your camera to capture a close-up of the marks and then crop the photo so that the marks appear large when uploaded.

The two-character mark is 紋良, a "fine quality" mark found on Chinese silver.

The three-character mark is the maker's mark, it looks like 賢光 [illegible], but this mark is hard to see in the photos and I do not recognize it. Someone who has seen the same mark before may be able to provide a positive ID.

Regards,

David R

Return to “Far East”