Silver bangle with mystery 900 mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Brian P

Silver bangle with mystery 900 mark

Post by Brian P »

Hi Board
Another marked piece that I’m not able to find.
The piece is beautifully made and the fastening as well as having a safety chain is threaded thus creating a screw lock something I have never seen on a bracelet.
The mark appears to be back to back Ks with 900 underneath.
Any help appreciated so I can chase it down.
Cheers
Bri.

Aguest
contributor

Re: Silver bangle with mystery 900 mark

Post by Aguest »

Indonesia would be the most similar, and Post-1930, if you go to the "World Marks" button and click on "Indonesia," you might see the similarities ___
Who was the actual maker would seem difficult to figure out, I don't believe the Indonesian makers are well documented, but it's a nice bracelet___
Brian P

Post by Brian P »

Thanks for the info it gives me another route to research...the bracelet is beautifully crafted to the finest details took me awhile to realise the pin mechanism for the catch was actually screw threaded..doh..
Thanks again..
Brian P

Post by Brian P »

Indonesia seems to have .800 as the finesse ....not sure if that is the standard but this piece is .900 but will keep looking...
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

Believe this piece is most likely Turkish...

~Cheryl
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

I should have gone with Turkey, my first instinct, but I didn't see a Tugra mark and I got the impression that this bracelet was early 20th century, but maybe it is later 20th century and therefore it does not have to have the Tugra mark.

If that first letter is a Greek letter, could it be Greek?
Brian P

Post by Brian P »

Many thanks to both of you I will follow up on the Turkish and possibly Greek sources...I believe the bangle to be relatively old from the perspective of its almost blackened appearance and the fact it was owned by the same person as the other piece dated 1937 from Egypt but that does not automatically follow..
All the help was appreciated
Bri

Return to “Middle East”