Sterling Silver Judica Torah Shield Makers Mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Phate008

Sterling Silver Judica Torah Shield Makers Mark

Post by Phate008 »

Picked these up for free at a sale. The book says "The Holy Scriptures", is this a Torah? I couldn't find anything when searching for the maker's mark. Any ideas on who it could be and what this item would be called. Thanks for any help you can offer.

ImageImage
Bahner
contributor

Re: Sterling Silver Judica Torah Shield Makers Mark

Post by Bahner »

Hello, certainly looks like a Torah and should contain at least the Pentateuch, the five books of Mose. That is why he is on the front cover. As to the marks - sorry, no clue. But elaborate silver bindings for the Holy Scriptures are being made in quite a few countries, believe your copy to be quite recent. Regards, Bahner
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Is it a book or a cover ? Language and letters in the book should be easily recognized.
The second letter in the mark really looks like Cyrillic ``B``, but the marks are not Russian.
As already mentioned, recently made.
Tell us more about it, please, i.e. what`s inside the cover ?
Regards
Phate008

Post by Phate008 »

Sorry about the orientation. Photobucket takes a few hours to correct after making adjustments. Thanks for the help as well.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
The mark with two lions; Capital ``L`` and then ``andau`` obviously ``Landau``.
Thwee is Rafi Landau Silver Judaica Designs in Jerusalem. Still in business. He can be contacted.
Regards
Phate008

Post by Phate008 »

I contacted Rafi Landau and unfortunately, although he found it interesting, he claimed it was not his work. Still trying to figure this one out. I contacted the publisher of the book, but they still have not gotten back to me. Thanks for the help

Return to “Middle East”