Large Repousse Silver or Silver plated?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
pilak

Large Repousse Silver or Silver plated?

Post by pilak »

Hello Everyone!

Need your help to identify if it is silver or silver plated? Also, wants to know its beaned shape mark.

thanks in avance,
Sonny
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Large Repousse Silver or Silver plated?

Post by dognose »

Hi Sonny,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images. The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

http://www.postimg.com is recommended. Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

Give some time to creating your posts and photos, we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
pilak

Post by pilak »

Dears,

Here's the required images for my query. I'm sorry just new here and needs assistance. Anyways, I have to describe the items as the followings: it sounds like a silver, it felt like a silver and it looks like. But, I need your help, to identify if it is really a silver or silver plated. Also, I never seen this kind of hallmark. It has three characters on the stamp (1. it looks like a plant or an insect, 2. a middle separator but its really hard to identify the symbol and the 3. it looks like an arabic equivalent to "900" but I'm not sure for the two dots written on vertical instead of horizontal. Really appreciate if you could extend your help by giving its identification and any info.

thanks to all,
Sonny
pilak

Post by pilak »

Hi There..

here's a bigger image for the hallmark:

thanks again,
Sonny
WarrenKundis
contributor

Post by WarrenKundis »

Good day Sonny,

Your right about the accent marks for Arabic and Farsi (Persian) they are either above or below the letters. Not impossible that they are numerals but the enlarged image is still unclear. Just to advise the Persian numerals for 84 which indicates a silver content of 870-1000 are just two not three.

Please reshoot the mark and object in indirect sunlight flitered through a drape using the macro setting on your camera. Then keep shooting until you get the shot you need.

Hope this helps
Warren
dnl
contributor

Post by dnl »

Hi Sonny,

The mark that you have here is Egyptian. I am told that it was used for a short time (2008-2009) for domestic sale and abroad. It was struck in the Cairo Assay Office and you are correct in that the fineness is 900 silver as per the 9 and 2 dots on the side. The left side has a stylized lotus blossom (silver) and the right is the fineness.

As I understand it these marks were struck by special request but no further info is known.

Hope that helps.
pilak

Post by pilak »

Hello DNL,

Thank you so much! and I'm really thankful for your vital info as well to our admin for guiding me for proper image posting. I will be worry free as I don't want to waste my entire collection as most of it has the same hallmarks.
Once, again thanks a lot and god bless

Sonny

Return to “Middle East”