Covered Bowl Help w/Marks

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
dasis72

Covered Bowl Help w/Marks

Post by dasis72 »

Hello,

I have what appears to be silver or silver content covered 3 footed bowl. I don't have any knowledge in the middle east or Asian arts so any help regarding the marking, type of bowl or use, silver or not, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rebecca
dasis72

Re: Covered Bowl Help w/Marks

Post by dasis72 »

sorry about the large pics. here is a better pic of the mark
annasttasiaaa

Post by annasttasiaaa »

Written Silver from Morocco
dasis72

Post by dasis72 »

Thank you again!
dasis72

Post by dasis72 »

Sorry to ask more questions. There isn't any indication of silver content in the text? If not, I wonder what this means? Would I assume it's silverplated? Doesn't appear to be but it could be. I don't know. I'm only familiar with american and british silver.

Thanks so much for any additional help you can provide.

Rebecca
annasttasiaaa

Post by annasttasiaaa »

Rebecca,
It reads "alkhaledi abdulmalik" as the maker. The second line reads pure silver but there is no mention of the purity or any number to i indicate that. I am not familiar with work of Morocco but I'd expect a numbered hallmarked. Why dont you have it tested though?
dasis72

Post by dasis72 »

I greatly appreciate all your help. I am trying to do more research and was wondering if you looked at the small symbol at the top of the main 3 lines of writing. I wonder if this is a purity mark? It looks like two circles with a line above them extending out to what looks to be a hook. I'm attaching a better picture of this marking. Let me know what you think when you get the time.

Gratefully, Rebecca

Return to “Middle East”