Need help with an arabic teapot

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
lellastiekje

Need help with an arabic teapot

Post by lellastiekje »

I found this beautiful (and i think old) teapot en cleaned it a bit. On the bottom i found the following inscriptions and i don't know what they mean.

I checked the teapot for silver at an jeweler. but now I really want to know where it's from! Can someone help me with these inscriptions?!

Kind regards Daniëlla
MMollari

Re: Need help with an arabic teapot

Post by MMollari »

Hi, what did the jeweller say about the silver content? I happen to have the exact same teapot, but haven't been able to find out where it was made or if it is silver or just plated.
Hada
contributor

Post by Hada »

This has the name of the workshop Markez Al; Fen Lil intaj Maghreb which translates into The Center for the production of Moroccan art. It's not necessarily old nor is it silver.
lellastiekje

Post by lellastiekje »

Hada wrote:This has the name of the workshop Markez Al; Fen Lil intaj Maghreb which translates into The Center for the production of Moroccan art. It's not necessarily old nor is it silver.
Thank you for your reply.

I brought it to an auctioneer and he also said it wasn't silver.. but some kind of silverpewter.

Can't figure out why that woman would lie about the silvercontents..
MG
contributor

Post by MG »

These are used by nearly every family in Morocco to serve mint tea. I don't think I have ever seen a silver one

Return to “Middle East”