please help me .jug silver

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
LACE-LACE

please help me .jug silver

Post by LACE-LACE »

I have a jug. 925 sterling silver. weight of 1 kg. stamp and the country of manufacture unknown. help determine the origin of a thing
WarrenKundis
contributor

Re: please help me .jug silver

Post by WarrenKundis »

Good day,

Have been examining your piece since you posted it. In general form it appears to be an Arab coffee pot, although the human figure on the finial is not usual unless it was made for the tourist market or export. How large is this piece?

Would you mind showing all of the marks that may also help with identification. There also appears to be a smaller oval mark just below and to the right of the crown mark.

Sincerely,
Warren
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

Hi LACE-LACE
Please, have a look to my post "Fancy mark".
A very odd coincidence
Amena
LACE-LACE

Post by LACE-LACE »

WarrenKundis wrote:Good day,

Have been examining your piece since you posted it. In general form it appears to be an Arab coffee pot, although the human figure on the finial is not usual unless it was made for the tourist market or export. How large is this piece?

Would you mind showing all of the marks that may also help with identification. There also appears to be a smaller oval mark just below and to the right of the crown mark.

Sincerely,
Warren
Hello,

It is a pretty big jug for water. It's dimensions are : Height 33cm. Capacity 1.7L. Weight 1.1 kg. Other than those 3 marks (that I've took photo of ) there's nothing else on the jug. If you have any thoughts/remarks/ or simply have any interesting information-I would be very glad to hear from you!

Thank You!
LACE-LACE

Post by LACE-LACE »

amena wrote:Hi LACE-LACE
Please, have a look to my post "Fancy mark".
A very odd coincidence
Amena
Hello,

Can you please send me the link? I couldn't find it, but very interested to have a look at it!

Thank you!

Return to “Middle East”