Egyptian themed silver Bangle ( Revival?)

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Augustus

Egyptian themed silver Bangle ( Revival?)

Post by Augustus »

I have just purchased a silver bracelet from the USA. It is an Egyptian themed bangle but I am have no idea of how old it or actually where it was made. It was sold as a Revival piece so maybe the 1030s ? It has hallmarks but I have not been able to identify them so far. Can anyone help me please. Image.............Image
davidross
contributor

Re: Egyptian themed silver Bangle ( Revival?)

Post by davidross »

Hi,

The marks are, from left to right:

(1) .800 standard assay mark with a city mark incorporated. The city mark is indistinct in the photo.
(2) Egyptian national mark (a lotus flower), in use from 1946 until present.
(3) A date letter in Arabic.

Please see "Egypt" on the "World Hallmarks" frontpage:
http://www.925-1000.com/foreign_marks.html

The hieroglyphs on the front of the bracelet are almost certainly phonetic representations of someone's name. In other words, this is an "ID bracelet," a modern item made quite recently, say in the last 20 or 30 years, for the tourist trade. The Arabic date letter would give a more precise date, perhaps someone else will be able to make it out from the photo.

Regards,

DR
Augustus

Re: Egyptian themed silver Bangle ( Revival?)

Post by Augustus »

Many thanks for your reply I will have a look where you mentioned about the hallmarks. The Hieroglyphs form the name "MYRNA" which is an older name I guess . The middle figure in the hallmarks is shaped either like a bell or or a lotus flower and was to small for me to photograph with my camera.. again many thanks.

Return to “Middle East”