Belt Buckle Hallmarks. New to this

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
DoingItForMom

Belt Buckle Hallmarks. New to this

Post by DoingItForMom »

My mom brought home this belt buckle and asked me to help identify the origin. I have no prior experience with this, so I looked around the website for what seemed like forever, but all I could find was that the hallmark with the number in it is probably the origin and the grade (couldn't find a match though) and the other mark is the company. Any information would be wonderful! Thank you so much!

AG2012
contributor

Re: Belt Buckle Hallmarks. New to this

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
There is ``Eagle`` mark instituted by the Mexican government in 1948. The mark on the belt is the second variant (silhouetted eagle) used between 1955 until late 60` or early 70`. The number within it is either the maker or city, but only the first digit is clear, being ``2``.
Take a look here:
http://www.925-1000.com/mexican_marks.html
Cannot recognize the maker`s mark.
Cheers
DoingItForMom

Post by DoingItForMom »

AG2012 wrote:Hi,
There is ``Eagle`` mark instituted by the Mexican government in 1948. The mark on the belt is the second variant (silhouetted eagle) used between 1955 until late 60` or early 70`. The number within it is either the maker or city, but only the first digit is clear, being ``2``.
Take a look here:
http://www.925-1000.com/mexican_marks.html
Cannot recognize the maker`s mark.
Cheers
Thank you so much for the information!
I believe the full number is "218" but I'm not sure what that means.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Eagle mark with registered maker`s number 218 has not been identified. It was seen on tea set.
It could be number 214 assigned to Fleming (last letters in the oval mark are ```EMING``).
Regards
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

It`s definitively Fleming silver. Have found exactly the same buckle on their website (still in business).
Since 1945 Fleming Silver has provided heirloom quality silver jewelry, buckles, spurs, saddle trim and more to riders of all ages. Now, the tradition continues.
Google for `` Buckles - Fleming Silver ``
Regards
DoingItForMom

Post by DoingItForMom »

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate it!

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”